Replacing sonicare elite battery

I had a sonicare elite toothbrush which stopped working. It would only
run few a few seconds and then run out of power. I figured out how to
replace the battery. You remove the gray rubber bumper on the top of
the unit, pry out the clip (be sure not to lose it). Then remove the
brush from the twist on part and put it back on the brush. Twist hard
to the right, and it will loosen. Then you should be able to pull
straight out to remove the insides. You will see a battery at the
bottom. Desolder the battery from the PC board. I used desoldering
wick to remove the solder from the bottom of the unit, then pried the
bottom out with coathanger wire, then unsoldered the top. I then
removed the tabs from the battery by ripping them off with needle nose
pliers and restraighted them. I then resoldered these back into the PC
board. You can then take a rechargable AAA type battery and slide it
in as the replacement. You may want to wrap the AAA so that it is
about the same size as the old battery. Put the unit back together and
it is as good as new. There is a rubber seal, so I don't think you
have to worry much about water getting inside. They say the
disassemply process is not reversable, but from what I can see, it is
very reversable and it is terrible that they just don't sell a
replacement battery.

fhusonicare

  • Re: New MacBook Air Battery!?
    ... door with a battery under it vs. having a solid piece of aluminum ... the bottom would weaken the case a fair bit. ... which would be STRONGER. ... The load path in bending follows the other shell. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Password not wanted
    ... >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > I removed the battery pack. ... (Somehow the Windows XP ... Setup Utility (pre-boot of the OS while still in the process of starting is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Battery change Help
    ... right up no problems here's hopeing it stays working well we'll see ... clip at the bottom. ... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: ... Please tell me how to change this battery. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Tech: Seawitch - are there batteries on this machine?
    ... Remove the battery at the bottom of the MPU. ... The alkaline has "eaten" it's way across the bottom of the board ... The two wires taped together on the back of the display board should ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Braun/Oral B electric tootbrush.
    ... the bottom would pull out and reveal the guts. ... Although the battery was not a "normal" size, ... Linux Registered User # 302622 ... David Farber ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)