Re: Dental Drill rules

That is why you are required to vent the chemiclave to outside air.

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld" <bornfeldmung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Brian wrote:
On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:58:04 -0400, Steven Bornfeld
<dentaltwinmung@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can't just "wipe" it in disinfectant. Some disinfectants will
sterilize, but the burs must be immersed long enough. I autoclave the
burs.
Anyone out there use glutaraldehyde? Does it corrode burs?

Steve

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm a little suspicious about the
question.

Maybe. I once had a Chemiclave--the alcohol we used in it was awful
stuff.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

  • Re: Dental Drill rules
    ... sterilize, but the burs must be immersed long enough. ... I autoclave the burs. ... Anyone out there use glutaraldehyde? ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Dental Drill rules
    ... I just assumed a lay person was referring to the handpeice as a "drill". ... Somehow I thought he was referring to burs. ... You can't just "wipe" it in disinfectant. ... sterilize, but the burs must be immersed long enough. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Dental Drill rules
    ... Sterilizing handpieces is viewed as very high level disinfection ... You can't just "wipe" it in disinfectant. ... Some disinfectants will sterilize, but the burs must be immersed long enough. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Dental Drill rules
    ... disinfectant or are they required to sterilize it in some apparatus ... sterilize, but the burs must be immersed long enough. ... I autoclave the burs. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Dental Drill rules