Re: Drilling Without Anesthetic (And With Pain)

"Steven L." <sdlitvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Does any of this sound familiar to older folks here?

For my very first dental experiences, I don't remember getting a shot, and I
don't remember NOT getting a shot; that was a long-long time ago. Even back
then, I understood that a trip to the dentist was not pleasent, but hurt a lot
less than a good toothache. The dental experience was considerably different
back then. I remember the days before my dentist had a turbine drill. There
was much more vibration as he worked, but also much less heating.

I also remember that my youngest brother was a very difficult patient. For
me, I don't remember my parents even being in the treatment room, but my
youngest brother had to be physically restrained so the dentist could work, a
job for my father. The whole family used the same general dentist, we had never
heard of pediatric dentists back then. My father used to take along a wooden
clothspin to jam between my brother's sharp little teeth to protect the
dentist's fingers!

--
Vaughn

Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked. Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint: Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://news.aioe.org/ for free and/or http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time
$3.95 setup fee.

Will poofread for food.

  • Re: 2nd Opinion Appointment
    ... we don't get a second chance with a patient. ... of my mouth from that sledgehammer shot. ... I've had some really good dentists, but it's the bad ones I remember ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Fear of Dentists
    ... Eva Quesnell wrote: ... The first dentist would baby me along and rub some gel on my gums before he gave me a shot. ... I've told all my horror stories to this new dentist so he would know exactly what causes my fear. ... But you have also had dentists who were kind and compassionate, and it sounds like you have one now. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Fear of Dentists
    ... The first dentist would baby me along and rub some gel on my gums before he gave me a shot. ... I have had good, kind dentists after that. ... I've told all my horror stories to this new dentist so he would know exactly what causes my fear. ... If you've ever had a patient as scared as I am, how long did it take them to come to trust you? ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Fear of Dentists
    ... That's plenty of reason to be afraid of dentists. ... some gel on my gums before he gave me a shot. ... know exactly what causes my fear. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)