Re: LIES

jim nasium wrote:

I think what we have established is that the GAO wasn't investigating
criminal behavior.

I don't think I said it was.

it was investigating conflicts of interest and
particularly whether or not proper procedures were being followed
according to the information provided to GAO by those being
investigated.

That's more or less correct, as I understand it. But such an inquiry by
its very nature is somewhat substantive as well, because it
neccessarily involves some analysis, or classifcation of conflict,
perceived and real...apparent or waived.

it wasn't an evidentiary investigation, it was a
procedural investigation.

Well, LOL...it was "evidentiary" to the extent that it was primarily
focused on procedural violations and failed to produce any evidence of
such. I do think I remember passges relating to actual conflicts that
were acknowledged and waived, though. (I haven't read it in some time).

  • Re: "Runaway" comments
    ... evidence was so stacked against the husband, ... (Murder is a state offense and a single murderer/bail jumper ... this case is that high profile to require such intensive resources then ... investigating easy Federal cases such as petty theft on a military base. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: The score
    ... beliefs that will prevent them from investigating any type of hard ... evidence that appears to undermine their beliefs. ... open to investigating this sort of "hard evidence". ... Also, there are only a few anti-evolutionists on this forum, and I ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Global Warming Cultists Begin Witch Hunt For Heretics
    ... Maybe so, but for instance, Penn State investigated itself and stood ... I'm investigating all my posts in a thorough and professional ... Where does the preponderance of evidence point? ... Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory? ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: The score
    ... beliefs that will prevent them from investigating any type of hard ... evidence that appears to undermine their beliefs. ... open to investigating this sort of "hard evidence". ... "True believers don't ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Sat Fat Killed Mrs. Sprat
    ... Perhaps you would care to disclose these conflicts of interest of which ... evidence he cites, which I then examined for myself. ... it will melt even quicker. ... Ron, why don't you tell us about how coconut oil is metabolized in the ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)