The Cancer Scam

From: Ron (banmilk_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/23/04

Date: 23 Sep 2004 13:42:09 -0700

From: "Robert Cohen" <notmilk@e...>
Date: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:17 am
Subject: Brace for the Curse

Race for the Cure + B.S. = B-race for the cur-S-e.

We all know what B.S. is, and I'm not referring to
Bachelor of Science degrees or Bromo Seltzer. Add a
bucket of B.S. to the Susan Komen Breast Cancer
Foundation, and transform their 'Race for the Cure' into:

(B)Race for the Cur($)e

This coming weekend (September 25-26, 2004), the Susan
Komen Foundation will play host to eight events that
will raise money for their notorious "Race For The
Cure" scam. Their effort will result in society jogging
backwards as fast as possible so as to avoid finding
a breast cancer cure.

Hopefully, one or more participants will wear a:

"It's Milk, Stupid"

t-shirt while competing in the annual Komen fund raiser.

Where will the races be held on the weekend of September
25-26, 2004? Amarillo, Texas, Chattanooga, Tennessee,
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Frankfurt, Germany, Greenville,
South Carolina, Orange County, California, San Francisco,
California, and Wichita, Kansas. If you live in the area
of any of these host cities, do your best to hand out
information. Print this (9/21/04) column & teach the
ignorant:

For the fiscal year ending 2002 (the latest year for which
financial information appears of the Komen Foundation's
website), the Komen Foundation raised $139,000,000. Of
that, only $22.8 million was awarded in funding to find a
breast cancer cure. Funding for what? Animal research? Do
they really want to cure human breast cancer or rat breast
cancer? What happened to the other $116.2 million? Most of
that money was "invested" to advertise and fund programs
which advertised the need for your dollars to keep advertising
the need to fund a cure. Get it? Why were the real dollars
not invested to actually find a cure? Because finding a
cure will put an end to the Komen Foundation, America's
fastest growing cash cow. Komen's major corporate sponsors
include the Yoplait Yogurt Co. & Kellogg's.

Paint a strawberry-pink milkstache on your upper lip
as you bid an ironic goodbye to those mothers
and daughters, sisters, aunts, nieces and friends
who have lost their lives due to breast cancer.

While you honor those who have died, spend a few moments
to review the following ten references which are
responsible for the dairy industry's greatest nightmare -
the rarest of qualities for those who market milk.
Truth.

There are hundreds of millions of different proteins in
nature, and only one hormone that is identical between any
two species. That powerful growth hormone is insulin-like
growth factor, or IGF-I. IGF-I survives digestion and has
been identified as a key factor in breast cancer's growth.

IGF-I is identical in human and cow.

If you believe that breast feeding "works" to protect
lactoferrins and immunoglobulins from digestion (and benefit
the nursing infant), you must also recognize that cow's milk
acts as a hormonal delivery system. By drinking cow's milk,
one delivers IGF-I in a bioactive form to the body's cells.
When IGF-I from cow's milk alights upon an existing cancer...

Reference #1

"IGF-I is critically involved in the aberrant growth of
human breast cancer cells."

M. Lippman. J. Natl. Inst. Health Res., 1991, 3.

Reference #2

"Human Insulin-like growth factor (IGF-I) and bovine IGF-I
are identical. Both contain 70 amino acids in the identical
sequence."

Judith C. Juskevich and C. Greg Guyer. SCIENCE, vol. 249.
August 24, 1990.

Reference #3

"Estrogen regulation of IGF-I in breast cancer cells would
support the hypothesis that IGF-I has a regulatory function
in breast cancer."

A.V. Lee, Mol-Cell- Endocrinol., March, 99(2).

Reference #4

"IGF-I is a potent growth factor for cellular proliferation
in the human breast carcinoma cell line."

J.C. Chen, J-Cell-Physiol., January, 1994, 158(1)

Reference #5

"Insulin-like growth factors are key factors for breast
cancer growth."

J.A. Figueroa, J-Cell-Physiol., Nov., 1993, 157(2)

Reference #6

"IGF-I produces a 10-fold increase in RNA levels of cancer
cells. IGF-I appears to be a critical component in cellular
proliferation."

X.S. Li, Exp-Cell-Res., March, 1994, 211(1)

Reference #7

"IGF-I plays a major role in human breast cancer cell growth."

E.A. Musgrove, Eur-J-Cancer, 29A (16), 1993

Reference #8

"IGF-I has been identified as a key factor in breast cancer."

Hankinson. The Lancet, vol. 351. May 9, 1998

Reference #9

"Serum IGF-I levels increased significantly in milk drinkers,
an increase of about 10% above baseline but was unchanged in
the control group."

Robert P. Heaney, Journal of the American Dietetic Association,
vol. 99, no. 10. October 1999

Reference #10

"IGF-1 accelerates the growth of breast cancer cells."

M. Lippman Science, Vol. 259, January 29, 1993

Let the Komen organization know what you think about
the donations they receive from the milk industry which
Komen uses to market and promote the consumption of dairy
products which contain that key factor to the growth of
breast cancers.

http://www.komen.org/talk/

Robert Cohen
http://www.notmilk.com