Re: Letter

From: Robert (RobertJ_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:05:21 -0800

"GMCarter" <fiar@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:6gc1p059r52ktkihiml7220t6jk27gcgtn@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:56:22 +0800, Dunne E. Dawe <never@never.again>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:25:20 GMT, GMCarter <fiar@verizon.net> posted:
> >
> >>Here is a letter that reflects some of my sentiments.
> >>George M. Carter
> >
> >Thanks George. That has been passed around with considerable
> >appreciation.
>
> You're welcome. It is to show that there are many of US citizens who
> are disgusted and horrified by the Bush administration.
>
> I stand against them. They rode in on a wave of ignorance.
>
> (No, Robert, not poverty. The blue and red states have differential
> proportions of wealth--and one might argue that Kerry won among the
> inner city poor. It would be just as meaningless an argument. A more
> cogent one is that people with higher educations generally voted for
> Kerry. This isn't about elitism--but rather simply awareness. See Bob
> Herbert's op-ed in the Monday, 11/8/04 NY Times).
>
> George M. Carter

You need to get over it George. He won and move on with it. It is not the
end of the world. Wait for the next president you can bitch at. In a
democracy it is the majority that rules the country and not those with
higher education. There are many rich people out there who are educated and
or elite and or powerful who have a bigger role in running the country. It
is a symbolic vote and then the president does what he wants to do.
Kennedy was a conservative. He said "ask not what your country can do for
you". He was strong on defense and anti-communist stand. Later on he
starting civil rights. You would have never voted for him today. The point
is presidents can grow in office.
You make the best of what you have.