Re: Red Meat NO GOOD, Veggies no protection.... NOW WHAT?

From: pearl (tea_at_signguestbook.ie)
Date: 01/15/05

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:58:15 -0000

"usual suspect" <support@our.troops> wrote in message news:1YUFd.3391$Ta2.3094@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> Juhana Harju wrote:
> > pearl wrote:
> >
> > Pearl, you are absolutely right about the health benefits of vegetarian
> > diets. However, there are some unanswered questions also.
>
> Then she's not *absolutely* right.

'.. disease rates were significantly associated within a range of dietary
plant food composition that suggested an absence of a disease
prevention threshold. That is, the closer a diet is to an all-plant foods
diet, the greater will be the reduction in the rates of these diseases.'
http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Nov98/thermogenesis_paper.html

> > Vegetarian
> > diet is not good at reducing the indicidence of breast cancer (actually
> > no known diet is).
>
> Correct. Heredity has been shown to play a significant role, though, as
> have other factors like smoking and other environmental factors.

RELATIVE risk of breast cancer among Japanese woman
                                           Meat Eggs Butter/cheese
less than once per week 1.0 1.0 1.0
2-4 times per week 2.55 1.91 2.10
almost daily 3.83 2.86 3.23
(from a paper by Hirayama cited in John Scharffenberg's
Problems with Meat", 1989)

<..>
> Lesley, aka 'pearl,' is a foot masseuse by training, not a scientist.

Smear. ["All cruelty springs from weakness." (Seneca, 4BC-AD65)]

See;
http://www.reflexology-research.com/controlled_studies_by_syst.htm

> She'll paste in many abstracts about which she has very little
> comprehension. It's also important for you to understand that she's also
> a barking mad skinhead.

Not true.

"A favored technique is to debilitate your identity [personally,
I hate the term self-esteem] by levelling false accusations and/or
questioning your honesty, fidelity, trustworthiness, your "true"
motivations, your "real" character, your sanity and judgement."
http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/cleckley-mos.htm

<Q. When does an object 'ring like a bell', suspect?>