Low Acid Fruit Juices

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me where to get a list of "low acid fruit juices"
that can be purchased in the average grocery store without costing an arm
and a leg. I am not talking about the "acid forming" stuff or the "basic
forming" stuff which pertains to the alkaline diets. I just want the fruit
juices that are not so acidic as you drink them, ie they have a higher pH
(not how they end up after they are metabolized - ie grapefruit juice is
very acidic but is classified as highly alkaline forming, but you would have
to be a fool to drink it if you had ulcers, erosions or gastritis.

I googled "low acid fruit juices" and couldn't find much. Is apple and
grape juice about the only thing (and they are both pretty acidic also as
far as I am concerned). Carrot juice costs about two dollars for a 12 ounce
can so forget that.

I love tomato juice and V-8 juice but stay away from them (I would think the
V-8 would be less acidic and better for you - do you agree). I basically
just drink water, and even quit by beer (damn it). My PPI's don't work, or
hardly work anymore - have tried them all and been on them for 10 years and
have fundic polyps because of them (long story with my GI problems - no need
to mention lap nissen fundo, as I have problems below the LES also).

Anyway I would appreciate any kind of list of moderately acidic fruit juices
or any kind of drink other than water that is not very acidic. I am not
interested in any of the sugar free drinks with aspartame or sucralose. I
am sick of drinking water. I do drink naturally caffeine free red tea which
is the safest, and has no oxalic acid or tannins in it. I just want
something to take my pills and supplements with other than water.

Thanks...Pete

  • Fruit juices dislodge meat bolus
    ... Naturally occurring fruit juices dislodge meat bolus obstruction in vitro*. ... thawed pineapple juice, processed pineapple juice, Coca-Cola) and saliva ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: swallowed a piece of meat but then elt a sharp pain down my chest
    ... Oesophageal meat bolus obstruction is often removed ... Anecdotal evidence suggests that fruit juices' enzymes may dissolve ... Two millilitres of fresh juice from lemons, papaya, kiwi ... pineapple juice, Coca-Cola and saliva were added to 10 syringes each. ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Da, Kommerade
    ... the sugar overload ... ... but not fruit juices ...  Of course the nay-sayers say fruit juice has fructose as ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: smoothie =?ISO-8859-1?Q?caf=E9?=
    ... Fruit juices are not thickened, and have strict labeling laws such ... juice, and a mashed banana can't be called "blackberry juice". ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Stop trying for "healthy" foods
    ... >>> That stuff causes more health problems if used daily, ... Most fruit juices ae just as bad, ... Yup -- better to eat fruit than drink juice, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)