Re: Kwasniewski - a kook or the next Nobel price winner?

dtms69@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (dorsy1943) wrote:

" I am not surprised that the lady who lost so much weight on the Dr.'s
diet did so since it is essentially an Atkins diet and no one questions
that an atkins diet promotes weight loss. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

An article in the local paper mentioned a
yearlong test comparing the Atkins diet
with the Dean Ornish low-fat diet as well
as the Zone diet.

Along with providing the best weight loss,
the Atkins diet improved the blood fat profile, with higher levels of
good HDL cholesterol
and lower levels of bad triglycerides.

There was no significant differences in
total cholestrol between each diet.

  • Re: HBA1c was 4.4
    ... That's just the kind of diet I am on. ... An obese patient with type 2 diabetes whose diet was changed from the ... glycemic control and elimination of the patient's obesity. ... Insulin treatment in type 2 diabetes patients usually leads to weight ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • diet soda (aspartame) goes with more obesity, Sharon P Fowler, University of Texas Health Science Ce
    ... Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight Wednesday, June 15, 2005 ... People who drink diet soft drinks don't lose weight. ... or bottle of diet soft drink a person consumes each day," Fowler says. ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Re: FATSO (was Re: when will Orion produce an ED100 apo?)
    ... my former doctor was totally against Atkins and I mean ... > to my weight and build, and he has made a note of my sensitivity on the ... Exercise alone just doesn't ... > inherently wrong with the diet. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: My longest winded post to date - SUBJECT: OBESITY VS DM
    ... barriers in the way of effective weight loss and maintenance. ... If I can have some fun with diet doctors, let's just say I find it ... > According to a couple of posters here, diabetes causes obesity. ... Take one T2 person who is obese, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Diets Dont Work!
    ... If you are more than five pounds over your normal weight, ... no one should be or needs to be fat. ... and all that money, time, effort, diet books, diet programs, gimmicks, ... nutritious food, avoiding toxins and regular physical activity. ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)