Re: Any Dr. Federico Guercini patients?

Robert...I don't know where you live, and if you are looking to see Dr.
Guercini in Rome as a second opinion, or what. I live in Maryland, USA,
(and do not have the exact same condition you do), but I just wanted to let
you know you are not alone in your suffering, and I totally sympathize with
you, and my heart goes out to you. I too need some hope and it is hard for
me to go on - especially living by myself - I don't have any ones shoulder
to cry on - LOL. I have been suffering for months with prostatitis which
has been exacerbated and made much worse by the TURP I had five weeks ago,
and instead of getting better I get worse (i.e. it is not healing properly
or improving).

Have been back to uro who did TURP three times and he says wait. Went to
another city for second opinion and he says wait (didn't even examine me).
Been to my doctor (mostly for pain control discussion -I can't take opiates
or amitriptyline since they constipate me). He would not give me a blast
dose of prednisone (nasty anti-inflammatory drug which lowers your immune
system and has hordes of bad side effects) since it was not in his training
to prescribe it for prostate related problems, and said he doesn't do
prostates (isn't it wonderful). I have taken prednisone several times in my
life for sarcoidosis, and post operative inflammation stuff, and respiratory
related problems, and really shouldn't take it now since I have a serious T4
cell deficiency ( non- HIV, cause unknown). But I am desperate and it may
help the massive inflammation that I know exists in my prostate and
urethra/bladder and whole pelvic floor, including the rectum. I have been
on four different antis almost non stop for months (mostly on my own doing
as a prophylactic). I do not believe it is infectious since previous urine
samples and prostate secretions did not indicate so. But the son of a bitch
is eating me alive, and the TURP has ruined me. The pain and discomfort is
indescribable, 24 hours non-stop.

Have been to my general surgeon, who gave me a digital, but wouldn't agree
to an exam under anesthesia [i.e., the specula (shoehorn) exam - I can't
handle the prep for a colonoscopy right now - which my gastro wants to do].
I asked the surgeon how does he know I don't have proctitis or a massive
yeast infection and he said if I had proctitis I should be bleeding and he
has never seen yeast in the rectum (I have a lot of itching in the rectum
also). He suggested trying neurontin (an anti seizure GABA type drug that
is also used for various pain syndromes (but mainly shingles). I am giving
it a try but it could take a week or more to help (if it helps - which I
doubt it will). NSAIDS do not help and I can't take a lot of them because I
also have stomach problems and take PPI's. There is a drug called cytotec
to take with NSAIDS but I am taking enough pills already and do not want to
take it since the NSAIDS don't help anyway even at higher doses.

I have a lot of pain and burning from my urethra to my bladder and in my
prostate, and pain and pressure in my rectum, and it feels like I have pee
(real bad) all the time (even right after I go - what a horrible feeling),
non stop 24 hours a day (can't sleep or eat or function). If I wasn't
retired I would not be able to go to work. I retired early from the DOD
when president Clinton downsized the department of defense if you may
recall. Sorry I'm rattling on, just need to talk to someone.

This group used to be pretty good back in 1997 when there were several
doctors involved and a lot of suffering prostatitis persons just like you
and me. The participants seem to have dropped drastically (based on the
numbers and frequency of the posts), and we appear to have lost the doctors.
There is also the prostate.bph group which seems to have more participants.
IMO prostatitis and bph go hand in hand (but you can certainly have one
without the other). But when you have both, forget asking the uro which one
he thinks is causing the bigger problem.

I'm sorry I got so carried away telling you about my problems Robert (just
wanted to let you know you are not alone and maybe try to offer some moral
support). I will ask a couple questions about your condition now (please
write me back -and don't forget to tell me where you live). How did they
find out about the blockage of the one ejaculatory duct and what type of
surgery did they do to try to correct it. I was told mild calcification is
okay and normal as you get older, but you said you have extensive. How
would they correct that. I am told that there is not a urologist on the
planet that will remove a prostate unless it is cancerous, so I am curious
how they would correct extensive calcification. You also mention you have
an infection - how did they identify it and what kind of antis are you
taking.

I have been in severe pain three times in my life, which I consider
equivalent to child birth (which I can only assume) and kidney stones (which
I have witnessed). Anything much worse than that, I believe you would pass
out. There are all kinds of pain (e.g., sharp and dull back pain, tooth
ache, debilitating nausea, severe malaise, various cancer pain, etc.). But
I believe the non stop pain and discomfort I have right now and have had for
five weeks since my TURP, and the similar pain before the TURP, is enough to
make a grown man cry. I do not cry, but it is difficult to deal with day
after day, with basically no help from the medical world. I believe this is
just as bad or worse than having cancer, since cancer patients usually don't
suffer real bad till near the end (of course it depends on the type of
cancer you have - I am somewhat medically literate). But I think you get my
point. I would like to see one of my doctors deal with this, and see what
they would do (that is not to say I am wishing it on anyone).

Robert, if you were able to get through this long post, please write me back
(just take the "nospam." out of my address if you want to write me
directly). I will also send this directly to your e-mail address. I am 57
years old, have been married twice, and am a retired naval architect who
used to design ships for the navy, and I live by myself with my two cats. I
wish you the very best, and hang in there, just as I am trying to do.

Pete

"ProstatitisEDO" <robertgyngell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Dear Mates,
> Are there any actual patients here who have seen Federico Guercini M.D.
> in Rome? I have prostatitis, extensive calification of the prostate,
> and a blockage of one ejaculatory duct caused by all the swelling,
> which surgery has not fixed.
> I really need some hope that my infection can be cured and that
> something can cure the prostatitis and ejaculatory duct obstruction and
> stop all the pain. You can email me or post here. Please no negative
> posts or spam.
> fair dinkum,
> RobertGyngell@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Any Dr. Federico Guercini patients?
    ... take your ass to the nearest drug store and get you some ... > Been to my doctor (mostly for pain control discussion -I can't take ... > to prescribe it for prostate related problems, ... > ache, debilitating nausea, severe malaise, various cancer pain, ...
    (sci.med.prostate.prostatitis)
  • Re: 5 approaches -- the Carlos view
    ... >(the assumption being that pain upon sitting may have several causes). ... >antibiotics forever, and some have nasty side effects. ... or get them injected directly into the prostate. ... >speculate it has dangers (pressure causing injury, or spreading infection, ...
    (sci.med.prostate.prostatitis)
  • Re: Any Dr. Federico Guercini patients?
    ... First of all I was trying to sympathize with the person I wrote to and offer ... Let me tell you if you had the non stop pain I am talking about ... and understand that sometimes you either have surgery or die, ... > Oh and I had decided a long time ago never to have a prostate operation. ...
    (sci.med.prostate.prostatitis)
  • Re: Any Dr. Federico Guercini patients?
    ... Oh and I had decided a long time ago never to have a prostate operation. ... > another city for second opinion and he says wait. ... bowing to someone with the pain. ... She, now, will die in about 3 months with no dignity as ...
    (sci.med.prostate.prostatitis)
  • Re: heroin
    ... aweful.....she was in pain all the time and on constant morphine to stop the ... It was handy for medicine to try at least to mitigate the suffering, ... When the cancer becomes unstoppable medicine switches to pain management ...
    (uk.religion.christian)