Re: Word 2000 For Windows For DUMMIES

I don't know if that is even possible, but I'd think with Visual Basic it should be. Of course that is giving Word a lot of credit for me.

I have a doc who often dictates similar impression. So, I wrote a macro that takes the acct # already entered to begin the report and bring up a list of files in WP51 that contain that #. I select the more recent file (usually what I want) and hit enter. When I see the first Dx matches, just hit enter and it blocks and copies the entire list of impressions from another note for me to scan as he dicates. How annoying when he micro edits words like "prior" history to "previous" history. But, w/o any real manual labor it saves me a lot of keystrokes

Neal wrote:
Well, the macro didn't work. I finally realized I was trying to start a macro in Word, go to another program, copy what I wanted, then go back to Word and paste it. I guess Word does not have that capability.

If I could only use my old DOS file manager and multitasker that was called DesqView. Its macros could run in any program, almost at the same time. It was so fast, it looked like it was really multitaking, though it was really task swapping at a high rate of speed.

Neal

RaeMorrill wrote:

Okay, now I'm puzzled. I live in Maine where we have plenty of moose, how come I don't have one in my computer?

Neal wrote:

Trying to replay to this... Clicked all over the place on your note. Finally decided I should clik 'REPLY' first.

But I did already learn something. Mr. Pecky's held hels, uh help section told me I does recognize moose clicks. Now I know what was wrong the the other macro I tried. Now I'm going to record one with no moose.

Neal

Marsha wrote:

Neal wrote:

What a crock!!! I went to the index, found macros on page 358, went to page 358 and read... "Macros Macros are beyoung the scope of this book."

Dropping back, punting.

Oh no!!  I may have to ask Mr. Pesky!!!

Neal

Neal wrote:

Ok, I got the booik in hand..... (Better than cleaning my office like I should be doing.) I am going to larn how to make macros that actually wor in Word. (The last one didn't do what I wanted, but doubling up every word I typed was actually kinda neat!)

Any help or advice on Word macros will be apprecaited!

Neal

Take a deep breath, slowly, in and out. That's better now, isn't it?

Marsha/Ohio

  • Re: Copy & paste table
    ... If you want to use History as a department change it by adding ... All the macros that use the variable "My_Range" will need to be changed to ... set up each sheet with the proper Department Names and include All ... For example, paste to worksheet History, Law, Lang and Design, maybe ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Formula: How do I create a "rolling" sum in excel?
    ... And with most macros, there's no "oops", ... over one cell with a new value and it added the values together as soon as ... How can I convince you to design your sheet ... without this feature so the sheet has a sense of history? ...
  • Re: Announce: BanqueerCADCAM BOD (humour)
    ... though all the a.m.c history to figure it out for myself. ... I did I would set up a template and some macros. ... New X-Face for u-no-hoo. ... Tilt head to right. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Word 2000 For Windows For DUMMIES
    ... If I could only use my old DOS file manager and multitasker that was called DesqView. ... Its macros could run in any program, ... It was so fast, it looked like it was really multitaking, though it was really task swapping at a high rate of speed. ... uh help section told me I does recognize moose clicks. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Origin of macros?
    ... > I notice that there is no mention of macros. ... > history of macros? ... Warm thanks for all the replies. ... "It's becoming popular? ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)