Re: Where'd Valerie go?

What? I don't believe I deny I"m running a business. I am, albeit a very small one (which is the way I want it) though I have often heard insinuations it really isn't as much as someone who has employees, subs, etc. When I started working at home it was never my intention to work full time at all, so I really exceeded my intentions at some points.

I was merely agreeing with Melinda it that it was stunning to hear you finally start to dis the AAMT after supporting them no matter what for years. I've met plenty of great people here on line. In fact, that's where all my work has come from over the past number of years. I found the local chapter (with notable exceptions) to be rather snooty. You may recall when I did go to a symposium and take a stand on something, the professional president of the chapter came here and tore me apart. LOL. Not my kind of people at all. Too many of them are too worried someone is going to steal their clients, etc., instead of sharing information, etc.

Gisele wrote:
Just saw the truth early on is all!

And you missed out on the chance to get to know some great people.  You
would have learned a thing or two about how to run a business, only you
so often deny that you ARE running a business.  It's tacky and
low-class to laugh at the efforts of others, but I guess we all need a
hobby, right?

Gisele

  • Re: Cruise Critic Censorship
    ... the posters and get their OK for release of their information. ... While RCers really have nothing to be sorry about, ... but it doesn't surprise me that a business would ... one seems to want to deny, deny, deny still instead of just saying we ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)
  • Re: New iMacs offer more value than competition - report
    ... my personal and professional life - and even against my wife. ... you deny you talked about my wife and her business. ... Of course I have talked about her business.. ... professional life, nor the people in my life, in your trolling. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Fag Buster Busted
    ... locality is in the wrong. ... But you already know that it's wrong to arbitrarily deny a business ... Do you want conservative mayor's to be able to deny licenses to anybody ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • RE: New IE flaw and exploit sites/migration to non-MS browser
    ... In agreement with you there--in some departments here, we have a deny all ... then only add in sites which are required, using GPO and by setting a proxy ... business use is business use. ... The more people that use it, the more of a target it ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Power Supply Engineer - National Instruments - Austin, Texas
    ... your business, and I'd have to deny it in order to keep loose lips ... mechanical drawings?, assembly ... instructions?, circuit description? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)