Re: Microsoft Word

jamalloy@xxxxxxx wrote:

Though I am not a medical transcriptionist, as most are in this NG, I
do use a macro software in DOS, Flash. If I were to go to Word or an
advanced version of WP, I don't think I would be able to bang out the
pages as fast as I do in DOS because of the mouse, having to remove my
hand from the keyboard.

Jennie,

I've been using MS Word for seven years now, after switching from WP. My hands never leave the keyboard and, for me, it is infinitely better than WP. If you ever have to switch, Cheryl Flanders' book is a miracle worker.

Marsha/Ohio

  • Re: DOS 6.0 Keyboard driver for HP pavilion ze5000-KD
    ... occasional that I have to use a DOS program (that use communications stuff ... that sometimes won't work in the DOS emulation program in Windows). ... and then I connected an external keyboard to the laptop. ... USB and keyboards is the USB keyboards out there, ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Identity Theft Protection (a method)
    ... my computer boots into Dos mode (Windows isn't launched ... >> where there is no chance of launching a key logger. ... >keyboard that couldn't ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: getting keyboard keys strokes via VMware Fusion on Apple MAC
    ... For DOS and Windows command line, I use the DOS service call Int 16h ... to test "standard" keys). ... Did you complain to VMware about their _slow_ keyboard emulation? ... Did you complain to VMware about their _faulty_ keyboard emulation? ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Searching a dictionary file in DOS
    ... It is basically a DOS PC with a 16mhz 286 processer, ... I have a 64mb CF flash card I can use to hold the list. ... any multiple word entry. ... In other words "peanut butter and jelly" ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Searching a dictionary file in DOS
    ... It is basically a DOS PC with a 16mhz 286 processer, ... I have a 64mb CF flash card I can use to hold the list. ... If your original file is already sorted, ... words in a sentence' in your original file, and do a binary search on ...
    (comp.programming)