Re: Unclear about article word's meaning

I believe this from Merriam-Webster dictionary will explain it. In other words, it spread from person to person on Twitter and fed on itself to grow larger.

: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture

Neal

"Judity" <Judity01@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7fc3698d-4ef4-49ee-b81f-866a0d2bea05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/sep/14/blog-posting/blogger-claim-photo-shows-millions-tea-party-prote/

What does "meme" mean? I looked it up on Google and still don't
understand. Could someone explain what it is in simple terms,
please? The word is in the article's third paragraph, if that helps.

Judity

  • Re: Gordon Lightfoot has died...
    ... singer's long-time friend, despite rumours to the contrary which ... spread quickly on Twitter and were picked up by some mainstream media ...
    (rec.music.dylan)
  • Re: Do pipe smokers twitter?
    ... I was thinking recently that this may a perfect way to spread the news ... I personally don't twitter and I hate spamming customers but it ... may worthwhile if pipe smokers twitter. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re:=20New=20England=20Ul?==?utf-8?Q?timate?=
    ... bump. ... Spread the word! ... send submissions! ... Follow on Twitter @NE_Ultimate ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: First Time Submittals
    ... >>> Of course in the case of Google a site with no inbound links cannot ... together (multiple links to one page) and breaking up (multiple links ... More links you add from a page more spread out that Pr ... little bits of intrinsic PR getting added to the 'ball' from previous ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: google your on-line name
    ... I did not mind when it was only on Google, but now it is spread across ... countless web-sites gathered up by blindly marching bots. ... This posting is intended for informational or conversational purposes only. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)