Re: drug marketing upstaging science

In article <6j56d193pe4q1ejc9bgnufmsr6pqtvtsar@xxxxxxx>, Carey
Gregory <tiredofspam123@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>"outrider" <outrider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>What if....the writer gave the article to the poster, and it wasn't
>>taken off a website at all?
>
>Then it's customary to add the words, "Reprinted with permission of the
>author."

Customary but not required. Also be reminded that giving the
article would not necessarily mean it can posted at will. For
instance, he or she may have given permission to use it on a
website, absent specific information to the contrary, the assumption
is that permission WASN"T granted to use it in a magazine or put it
on a CD as a compilation or use it as the basis for a screenplay,
etc.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the
ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."