Re: drug marketing upstaging science

In article <6j56d193pe4q1ejc9bgnufmsr6pqtvtsar@xxxxxxx>, Carey
Gregory <tiredofspam123@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>"outrider" <outrider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>What if....the writer gave the article to the poster, and it wasn't
>>taken off a website at all?
>
>Then it's customary to add the words, "Reprinted with permission of the
>author."

Customary but not required. Also be reminded that giving the
article would not necessarily mean it can posted at will. For
instance, he or she may have given permission to use it on a
website, absent specific information to the contrary, the assumption
is that permission WASN"T granted to use it in a magazine or put it
on a CD as a compilation or use it as the basis for a screenplay,
etc.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the
ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."

  • Re: drug marketing upstaging science
    ... >What if....the writer gave the article to the poster, ... >taken off a website at all? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Pictures
    ... your website that I take a snip of it and put it on my website as a ... Walt wrote: ... If I copy your work without permission, in a way that goes beyond "fair ... Violating intellectual property rights (e.g., bootleg music, films, ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: Disclosure of vulns and its legal aspects...
    ... In terms of prior permission, you would need written permission by the ... The original document in question is the owners ... website, you will gladly analyse the security flaw further and give ... Disclosure of vulns and its legal aspects... ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Disclosure of vulns and its legal aspects...
    ... In terms of prior permission, you would need written permission by the ... The original document in question is the owners ... website, you will gladly analyse the security flaw further and give ... Disclosure of vulns and its legal aspects... ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: SciFi ahead of the real science?
    ... Checking, Sheila Franklin is a writer for gearlive.com, a website about high ... to be creating black holes (and cosmic rays range up to energies past anything ... be detecting tiny close-by gamma-ray bursts continually already. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)