Re: ok to take macrobid right after cipro?

In article <1140327519.252533.160720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Lily" <npineveragain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was taking Cipro until 2 days ago for a UTI. It didn't work so dr.
switched me to Macrobid. I noticed on FDA insert there may be potential
problem taking Macrobid WITH Cipro. But i called pharmacist, who said
it's ok to take Macrobid AFTER Cipro. HOwever, how long does Cipro stay
in the body?

I ask because I started Macrobid today and now I feel kind of funny.

[anecdote]I have taken Cipro one day then Macrodantin the next with no
ill effect [/anecdote]

--
"Did Father shoot him? I will eat Grandfather for dinner."
- Helen Keller, on learning of the death of her grandfather

  • enterococcus UTI-what next...
    ... Didn't treat it right away because the symptoms were mild, ... I have been on Cipro for 8 days. ... and then we'll try Macrobid if it's not better. ... Should I get another culture done? ...
    (sci.med.immunology)
  • ok to take macrobid right after cipro?
    ... I was taking Cipro until 2 days ago for a UTI. ... I noticed on FDA insert there may be potential ... problem taking Macrobid WITH Cipro. ...
    (sci.med)
  • macrobid and cipro interaction
    ... I was on cipro for a UTI. ... my dr. wanted to switch me to Macrobid. ...
    (sci.med.pharmacy)
  • Re: Is Cipro best antibiotic for enterococcus UTI?
    ... Well, I'm allergic to penicillin, and I read bad things about Levaquin ... and Macrobid. ... So I tried the Cipro. ...
    (sci.med)