Re: what causes "foaming at the mouth" in heroin overdose deaths?

In article <1147941537.999911.316440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
dances_with_barkadas@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

what causes "foaming at the mouth" when a person dies of a opiate
overdose?

I have not done any research on this subject but can take a guess since
I have had to deal with several people that died while I was on duty.
When people die, all of their normal body processes (including muscles)
stop working. All of the urine that is in the bladder comes out.
There is a a muscle that keeps the fluid (including stomach acid) in the
stomach when a person is still alive. However, when people die, that
muscle stops working and the stomach acid comes out of the mouth (foaming
at the mouth).
If a dead person has recently eaten before they died--vomit (instead of
foam) would come out of the mouth.

  • Re: Reloading questions about dies
    ... Taper-instead of a the case mouth curling into the bullet it puts a taper on ... A case trimmer die doesn't resize the case so the case has to be resized ... All brand dies except Lee have a set screw on the lock ring that once ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Sickening Discussion
    ... qed100@hotmail.com farted out his mouth and transcribed to his ... it's time for you to fuck off and die. ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: Bankers get billions - Seniors get zip
    ... die ....then run for cover before they punch you in the mouth. ... William Ernest Reid ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Kaiser Health Care: was Re: Rome
    ... I can only go by word of mouth and I can tell you that I've ... heard of people who had regular checkups. ... An 80+ year old, newly diagnosed, is apt to die from something else. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Andrew Cuomo should be very nervous
    ... The only foaming at the mouth I see is wingnuts rushing to Perry's ... Btw, I think one reason lefty reaction is relatively muted is because, ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)