Shoulder Pain after Fall

Hi, I slipped on the ice and took a hard fall onto the side of shoulder about a week ago. I can feel slight pain when I press on the top of my right should but movement seems find in all directions unless I try to pick up something over 5 lbs and extend my arm out to the side with the object. I have a very slight yellow skin discoloration down the front of the shoulder into the chest. I am thinking since I can rotate my arm with no pain and see no bone misalignment I probably have a hairline fracture and there is no need for me to see a Doctor of Medicine. Agree?

TIA,
Dan

  • Re: Started playing again!
    ... part of my left arm laterally and move my wrist. ... When I had my right shoulder done I had to sit on the edge of the seat ... therapy, she said, "Yes, they wanted me to do all that sort of ... was not to use my muscles to move the arm. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Off topic - how hard can this be to make
    ... the persons shoulder to ground measurement and the width of the persons ... comfy ease of movement, seam allowances and hemming. ... arm plus seam, hem & ease of movement allowance and wide enough to ... it's just a fleece blanket with a corner pocket ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: Armbar/armlock definition
    ... an attack on the joint would mean e.g. striking at the joint to disable it. ... The joints in the human body mostly used by MA are of two types: hinge joints and "circular" joints (shoulder, hip). ... In addition there are of course the joints in the spine, and the extra mobility of hands and feet due to the two-bone structure of the lower arm and lower leg. ... then we have a shoulder lock with the arm as a lever. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Started playing again!
    ... The shoulder just decides to spasm at will and that'll take some practicing ... I've just lost all muscle tone in my back and arms and hands ... When I had my right shoulder done I had to sit on the edge of the seat with the guitar body down between my legs similar to a cello, could not comb my hair or put on deodorant on the left side, opening the elbow between the body to insert guitar was intensely painful leaving out any type of rotational movement of the shoulder. ... My doctor had my wife extending my arm up over my head in two different movements, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Arm pain before 100 throws of anything...what is wrong!?
    ... The pain is kind of like a burning pain, or a straining, that makes my arm ... the arm pain is more important right now. ... go to a doctor, but I can't at the moment and wanted some advice. ... Could be nerve, shoulder, neck, tendon or whatever problem. ...
    (rec.juggling)