Average testosterone level

Hi guys !

I need your help. I'm 40 y.o. I've an erectile disfunction problem. It's not
yet clear if this is due to a cronic prostitis or other problems, even after
many exams.

In any case I've just done blood examinations. The only strange thing is my
testosterone level and my physician didn't know sufficiently about this
issue imho.

My testosterone lever is 3.00 ng/mL
The normal range (I read beside the paper) is from 3.00 to 9.00. Id est I've
the minimum. I've to repeat the examination in any case.

My question is this:
Ok, the normal range is between 3 to 9, bu what the AVERAGE level of men of
my age ??

Searching in google I found out this article and from the chart you see
almost at the bottom of the page it seems that the average value of 45 y.o
men was MORE than 500 in the nineties (now it is diminished but in any case
from that paper results I've the testosterone level of an octogenarian !!!
(speaking of average).
http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/newscience/reproduction/2006/2006-1210travisonetal.html

My physician didn't even know what the average levels are.

Do you know other resources where I can find the average testosterone level
????

Thanks very much !!

  • Re: Average testosterone level
    ... I've an erectile disfunction problem. ... Searching in google I found out this article and from the chart you see almost at the bottom of the page it seems that the average value of 45 y.o men was MORE than 500 in the nineties (now it is diminished but in any case from that paper results I've the testosterone level of an octogenarian!!! ... you will see that they define "normal" testosterone levels for men over 40 as 452 ng/dL (4.52 ng/mL in the units used in your test). ... You might want to follow your T level in the future, since the main point of that article was that men over 40 years of age with T levels below 250 ng/dL had an overall mortality rate over 1.7 times greater than those men with normal levels of T. ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Average testosterone level
    ... As you have remarked, ED has a wide etiology, and testosterone is just one ... I've an erectile disfunction problem. ... In any case I've just done blood examinations. ... My physician didn't even know what the average levels are. ...
    (sci.med)