Re: Jamming IEDs

From: nospam (nospam_at_nospam.net)
Date: 03/23/05

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:55:59 -0800

Paul Saccani wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2005 19:17:48 GMT, Juergen Nieveler <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de>
> wrote:

>>>You do know that they can be broken, don't you?
>>
>>Only if you use a random number generator that isn't completely random,
>>or if you reuse the pad.
>

> A few other issues too, but you've got the idea.
>
> I'd be interested to know what you feel would be a completely random random
> number generator.
>
> cheers,
>
> Paul Saccani
> Newman West Australia
>
> A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of a message.
> Q: Why is top posting a sloppy form of writing?

A: Because it means you don't have to read through a
lengthy thread to see the latest comments.

Q: Why is top posting an efficient use of everyone's time?

It helps a lot to keep the messages short when using
one-time pads. The longer the message, the easier to break.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question about "Another look at reflections" article.
    ... pad, the generator sees a nearly perfect match for all load conditions ... tell me what in english means "all reflected power is lost"? ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Pseudo-random number generator
    ... Please forgive me for the length of my first post. ... There are 1,073,741,824 bytes in a gigabyte. ... create a functional pad large enough to encode 2.56 gigs of data. ... This pseudo random generator has a small footprint. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: using an HP 8405A to measure SWR ?
    ... >>change in phase based on changing the pad. ... >attenuation, usually written "dB". ... in source match is two times the attenuation, so a 10 dB pad improves ... "A" probe should be between the generator and the ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • Re: random numbers
    ... Such a system is only as strong as the random number generator used ... if you don't have one bit of entropy for each bit of ... pad, you don't have a true one-time pad. ... until you have as many entropy bits in as hash bits out. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Jamming IEDs
    ... Paul Saccani wrote: ... Only if you use a random number generator that isn't completely random, ... George W. Bush on Gore's tax plan, Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 10, 2000 ...
    (sci.military.moderated)