Re: overlay computer display on view through binoculars

Rob wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, if not, then please accept my apologies in advance.

I'm trying to work out how I would overlay a computer display on the view someone sees through a pair of binoculars.

I really don't know much about optics, so far I'm thinking some kind of half-mirror may be useful.

If anyone could suggest courses of investigation, that would be really useful.

thanks,

Rob

Perhaps if you describe what you're trying to accomplish in more detail...

Do you want something which mounts on an existing pair of binoculars?
Do you want to make a specialized set of binoculars?
Should the computer overlay to be fixed with the field of the binoculars or with the scene being viewed?
Do you want the information displayed to both eyes?
How much overlay resolution do you need?

.