new free FDTD photonics simulation software

You might be interested to know that we have recently released our FDTD
code, "Meep", as free software (GNU GPL) at:

http://ab-initio.mit.edu/meep

Meep supports 1d/2d/3d/cylindrical problems, distributed-memory
parallelism, dispersive and nonlinear media, PML boundaries, and is
completely scriptable via both C++ and Scheme (GNU Guile) interfaces.

Meep complements our other free electromagnetic-simulation software,
MPB, which computes electromagnetic eigenmodes (e.g. waveguide modes
and dispersion relations, microcavity modes, or photonic-crystal band
diagrams) in 3d for arbitrary geometries. MPB is available at:

http://ab-initio.mit.edu/mpb

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson

.