new free FDTD photonics simulation software

You might be interested to know that we have recently released our FDTD
code, "Meep", as free software (GNU GPL) at:

http://ab-initio.mit.edu/meep

Meep supports 1d/2d/3d/cylindrical problems, distributed-memory
parallelism, dispersive and nonlinear media, PML boundaries, and is
completely scriptable via both C++ and Scheme (GNU Guile) interfaces.

Meep complements our other free electromagnetic-simulation software,
MPB, which computes electromagnetic eigenmodes (e.g. waveguide modes
and dispersion relations, microcavity modes, or photonic-crystal band
diagrams) in 3d for arbitrary geometries. MPB is available at:

http://ab-initio.mit.edu/mpb

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson

  • new free FDTD electromagnetic simulation software
    ... code, "Meep", as free software (GNU GPL) at: ... Meep complements our other free electromagnetic-simulation software, ... and dispersion relations, microcavity modes, or photonic-crystal band ...
    (sci.physics.electromag)
  • Third discussion draft of GPLv3 released
    ... for version 3 of the most widely used free software license, ... General Public License (GNU GPL). ... About the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) ...
    (gnu.announce)
  • Re: The Open Source Barrier
    ... > and obeying its license agreement, by all means violate the license! ... a lot of people who aren't Free Software Saints ... > Have you /ever/ heard RMS discuss the GNU GPL? ... /you/ were lying all the time. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Is SuSE Distro Entirely Open Source?
    ... There are plenty of programs in the SuSE distribution not covered ... under the GNU GPL and does not qualify as free software according to the ... there are lots of free software programs which are not covered by ... licence which permits incorporation of some of its code in proprietary ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)