Re: O'Barr>Reality!

"Hexenmeister" <vanquish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:GrRDf.43889$mu.33370@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Thomas Heger" <hballo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Ah... So you are prejudiced. <shrug>
>>> That's not good in any scientist.
>>> Androcles.
>>>
>> prejudiced??
>>
>> What do you mean with that?
>> I just prefer german, because it's much easyer for me to read.
>
> I means exactly what the dictionary says
> prejudiced
> Function: adjective
> : resulting from or having a prejudice or bias for or especially against.
>
>>  I looked at both websites, found them interesting and put 'find a copy
>> of principiae in german' on my to do list.
>
> Anglo-Americans and British do take the trouble to translate from Deutsch,
> it's up to Germans to translate English texts, especially important ones.
>
>  http://www.fln.vcu.edu/goethe/zauber_dual.html
>

> http://www.physics.utoledo.edu/~ljc/speciaal.html  (no equations)
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/
>
> ARBEIT MACHT FRIE.
>
> Androcles.

you mean,'arbeit macht frei' what was a cynic motto of nazi concentration
camps. Please don't use it!
I shurely don't have to emphasize, that I 'm nothing like that.
germans take the trouble to read and write in english. not allways perfect,
but usenet gives some training.

thomas Heger

  • Re: OBarr>Reality!
    ... "Thomas Heger" wrote in message ... > I just prefer german, because it's much easyer for me to read. ... resulting from or having a prejudice or bias for or especially against. ... it's up to Germans to translate English texts, ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: OBarr>Reality!
    ... but somehow I prefer german for longish texts ... sign a Usenet message with the name Androcles. ... Prejudice is a formidably useful thing - it saves time. ... > I just prefer german, because it's much easyer for me to read. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: When French are rapists and Germans are laud. Where: in the Times.
    ... 'FRENCH RAPE' BUT NOT THE PROBLEM OF SOCIAL PREJUDICE AND BIAS, ... ARCHIVES AT 'THE TIMES' THE SEARCH: 'GERMAN LAUD' ... and shudder when I hear a loud German ...
    (soc.culture.europe)
  • Re: OT: Paul Schaefer, dead at last
    ... Sch fer indeed means shepherd while my name means steward. ... the translation "the Unready" from Old English is actually incorrect. ... German jokes or humor are actually funny or not? ... Because you share that prejudice or because some of the ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: OBarr>Reality!
    ... >>> Androcles. ... >> Newton is interesting, but somehow I prefer german for longish texts ... I just prefer german, because it's much easyer for me to read. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)