Re: Ballistic Theory vs Sagnac - A Java Applet

"Androcles" <Engineer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

"Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
: Hey Guys!
:
: For my very -first- Java applet, I thought I'd illustrate the
: consequences of Ballistic Theory versus the Sagnac experiment.
: http://mysite.verizon.net/cephalobus_alienus/sagnac/BallisticSagnac.htm

Very good animation, Tom and Jerry. You've proved c+v and c-v
and the changing phase relation. Just tape a paper window over
the screen at any point on the circumference to see it. Well done.
To improve the model, add the waves like this:
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Sagnac/Sagnac2.JPG

and allow a restart or continue indefinitely, like this.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Sagnac/MechSagnac.gif

In other words, Emission Theory predicts that the amount of displacement
of
the interference fringes is very much affected by the rate of rotation.

Once again, well done. Despite your incorrect and ridiculous comments,
you have programmed Sagnac correctly.
The velocity of light is c in the rotating frame

Perhaps we finally get somewhere! Do I see correctly that you agree that
according to ballistic theory, the speed of light clockwise and
counter-clockwise should both be equal to c in the rotating frame?

Harald

and c+v, c-v in the
stationary
frame of the screen. Nice that you've finally got there, and
congratulations
to Henri for teaching you so well.

  • Re: Ballistic Theory vs Sagnac - A Java Applet
    ... :>: consequences of Ballistic Theory versus the Sagnac experiment. ... the speed of light clockwise and ... counter-clockwise should both be equal to c in the rotating frame? ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Ballistic Theory vs Sagnac - A Java Applet
    ... consequences of Ballistic Theory versus the Sagnac experiment. ... The velocity of light is c in the rotating frame and c+v, c-v in the ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Ballistic Theory vs Sagnac - A Java Applet
    ... :>: consequences of Ballistic Theory versus the Sagnac experiment. ... Just tape a paper window over ... :> The velocity of light is c in the rotating frame ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Ballistic Theory vs Sagnac - A Java Applet
    ... consequences of Ballistic Theory versus the Sagnac experiment. ... relationship that is unaffected by the rate of rotation of the ... the amount of displacement of the interference fringes IS AFFECTED. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Ballistic Theory vs Sagnac - A Java Applet
    ... consequences of Ballistic Theory versus the Sagnac experiment. ... Read the source code. ... Why don't you try to model Sagnac according to BaTh? ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)