Re: Galilean transformation equations

On Jan 17, 11:49 am, rbwinn <rbwi...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 16, 9:29 pm, "Sue..." <suzysewns...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 16, 10:50 pm, rbwinn <rbwi...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 16, 8:10 pm, "Sue..." <suzysewns...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 16, 9:06 pm, rbwinn <rbwi...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

<<All inertial frames are totally equivalent
for the performance of all physical experiments.

In other words, it is impossible to perform a physical
experiment which differentiates in any fundamental sense
between different inertial frames. By definition, Newton's
laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames.>>http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node108.html

Where do you find anything about a clock?

Well, the first I read of it was in a book...

Thank you. I didn't find anything in the statement
about a clock either. I even used the word search
on a text editor. The word isn't there.

It is not too surprising when you consider that
nature had to have a way to move things around
before clocks were invented. :o)

Sue...

Well, Galileo thought so, but he would have a harder time today than
he did in his lifetime. All he had to worry about back then were some
religious zealots.

Weren't clocks invented so religious zealots
wouldn't miss any prayers?

So what was Clifford Will talking about in his
book, some faked results?

He has an online paper.http://relativity.livingreviews.org/Articles/lrr-2006-3/index.html

Do you see some subject heading that might
inform us if:

<<All inertial frames are totally equivalent
for the performance of all physical experiments.

In other words, it is impossible to perform a physical
experiment which differentiates in any fundamental sense
between different inertial frames. By definition, Newton's
laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames.>>http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node108.html

???

Sue...

Well, as I asked before, what about velocity?

Indeed... What about velocity ?

<< Einstein's relativity principle states that:

All inertial frames are totally equivalent
for the performance of all physical experiments.

In other words, it is impossible to perform a physical
experiment which differentiates in any fundamental sense
between different inertial frames. By definition, Newton's
laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames.
Einstein generalized this result in his special theory of
relativity by asserting that all laws of physics take the
same form in all inertial frames. >>

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node108.html

Do you have a problem with that ?

Sue...
[...]
Robert B. Winn

  • Re: Galilean transformation equations
    ... for the performance of all physical experiments. ... between different inertial frames. ... laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames.>>http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node108.html ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Twin paradox negation lll
    ... laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames. ... relativity by asserting that all laws of physics take the ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: The real twin paradox.
    ... << All inertial frames are totally equivalent ... for the performance of all physical experiments>> ... citing the evidence in support of her "twins myth" position? ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Relativity of Simultaneity the sequel to the sequel...
    ...      for the performance of all physical experiments. ... laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: transformation equations
    ... laws of motion take the same form in all inertial frames. ... Ih my ship is coasting ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)