Re: Relativity in Curved Spacetime, PDF Edition

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:33:40 -0700 (PDT), dlzc <dlzc1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Eric Baird:

On Apr 7, 9:44 am, Eric Baird <-...@xxx> wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 21:18:46 -0700, eric gisse
Just in case anyone's interested, I've now
put the "Relativity ICS" book online as a
(chargeable) PDF ebook.
Nobody been buying your crap book so you
came back here to spam it?
Now, remind me again ... who's accusing
//who// of clogging up the newsgroup with
junk posts?

Perhaps English is not your first language. You stand accused of
violating the charter of this newsgroup, by posting a commercial
message.

That you wish to distract the conversation to some strawman argument,
about "validity" or "appropriateness" is a separate issue. Frankly,
Mr. Gisse currently contributes more on-topic content than you do "per
month".

By the way, your abuse of charter has been reported.

David A. Smith

Hm. That's odd.
Which version of the charter are you looking at, David?

================

I'vee done some checking:

http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/physics-faq/relativity-welcome.html
(20 Jun 2001),

Also, Baez's site at
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/newsgroups.html

directs visitors to
"There is an archive copy of the charter for this group." ::
:: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/Charters/relativity.txt

, which isn't dated. There's also

http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~dkoks/Faq/Administrivia/newsgroups.html
which points to
http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~dkoks/Faq/Administrivia/Charters/relativity.txt

Going in by the "Google Groups" interface, and searching for the
charter gives the most recent candidate for most relevant post as
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sci.physics.relativity/browse_thread/thread/793dedd752de36e3/eb6c7a0fcaf95a93?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=sci.physics.relativity+charter#eb6c7a0fcaf95a93

:: "What is the sci.physics.relativity charter? Right here: [...]"
which redirects, indirectly, to
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.answers/msg/5753b02f7c811fcb

=================

When I checked, none of these online copies of the charter contained
the clause that you say you've reported me for violating, so ...

... could you post a URL to the version that you were using for
reference when you filed the report, so that I can look it over?

Thanks

Oh, and I'll also probably need the contact details of the person or
organisation that you reported me to.

=Erk= (Eric Baird)
http://erkdemon.blogspot.com

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] iiscan results
    ... these requests are not the same. ... >> And I also found the PDF report mail to us is in Chinese, ... > Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... > Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Nishang: PowerShell for Penetration Testing
    ... analyzed and reported on interesting/unknown/anomalous logs. ... > Please feel free to report bugs, ... > Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... > Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Demon representative on committee?
    ... I suggest you report them often and frequently. ... You are the one with poo on your face for forbidding things you can't enforce. ... You *were* told your charter was unenforceable and I would not be surprised if some people tease you about it. ... You *really* should have thought more at the time, ...
    (uk.net.news.management)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Paypal XSS Vulnerability - Resolved
    ... The XSS vulnerability reported below was addressed at approximately 17:45 ... For information about how to report security issues to PayPal, ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Contact for reporting Facebook vulnerability
    ... you found a form to report security issues to Facebook and instead ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ... Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ...
    (Full-Disclosure)