Re: Question about the Euler tensor for timelike and spacelike metric

John Baez says...

If you work out a manifestly coordinate-independent formula like

T^uv=(u+p)U^uU^v + g_uv p

using some signature, and then you whimsically decide to change your
conventions regarding the signature, the formula will still be true
without any changes.

Yes, but something that's interesting is that when we deal
with Clifford algebras, the algebra for (+---) spacetime is
not the same as the algebra for (-+++) spacetime. I don't
think that that difference would allow us to say that we are
*really* one signature instead of another, though.

--
Daryl McCullough
Ithaca, NY

  • Re: Dev-C++ compiling problem
    ... Sure, Chuck's signature is too long, and it happens to ... netiquette conventions, even though his signature block violates ... No, Chuck, I'm not, and you ought to know me better than that. ... conventions and your own special pleading that netiquette conventions do ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Question about the Euler tensor for timelike and spacelike metric
    ... stevendaryl3016@xxxxxxxxx (Daryl McCullough) wrote: ... using some signature, and then you whimsically decide to change your ... conventions regarding the signature, the formula will still be true ... Clifford algebras Cland Cl, but thought of as just a choice ...
    (sci.physics.research)