Re: gun angle

If you shoot a 22 rifle straight up, the bullet returns to earth at
Vv, whatever that is. What is the minimum elevation of the
rifle to insure that the forward velocity of the bullet, Vh, is
no greater than (close to) Vv when it hits the ground; a speed
that doesn't have a good chance of hurting anyone. No
hills, just level ground all around.

*********************

Answer is there isn't one. You could always hurt someone at any
elevation. ("Wilder - "Elevate me." Garr - "Right here in front of
everyone, Dr. Frankenstein????"). It could put out their eye!!!!!!
(confir "A Xmas story")

A safer version of this game would be to do it with a bow and arrow.
Try to shoot as straight up as possible; the winner (loser?) is the one
who has his/her arrow come down as close as possible to him/her. Good
demo of blind variation/natural selection.

Have a nice day!

- Don

  • Re: New Hunter Needs An Answer
    ... I know NOTHING about the Powershock bullet. ... for elk, or it may not. ... inpact difference out to 200 yards. ... But if I shoot the remington ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: New Hunter Needs An Answer
    ... every rifle is listed at 200 yards zero. ... BULLET CONSTRUCTION MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. ... boxes of ammo will completely dissapear when viewed against the OTHER ... But if I shoot the remington ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: Best 44 mag round for whitetail?
    ... I'm inclined to shoot the flat point because I like to see complete ... thru and not recovered but the animals dropped within 75 yards if they ... Typical load was 20gr 2400 pushing a 240 cast SWC bullet ... If you can't make the shot with absolute ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: New Hunter Needs An Answer
    ... 200 yards is a standard big bore zero. ... You will have to shoot ... differend brands of ammo and bullet type that is why everyone keeps telling ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: Knife-wielding Man Shot In New Orleans
    ... You don't shoot, determine the result and shoot again. ... In Wayne's World when four police officers confront a psyco with a ... knife and the psyco lunges at one of them the officers then hold an ... single bullet is so much more humane than being killed by many. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)