Re: Let's Pretend

<einsteintheretard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1189716747.952333.91750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sep 13, 4:06 pm, "Dirk Van de moortel"
Have a look at these gems from someone you already met here:
http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Physics/Gems/WhatItTakes.html
http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Physics/Gems/JustFine.html
http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Physics/Gems/OffTrack.html

Dirk Vdm

Thanks for pointing these out to me! I especially liked the first one.
I missed the PD posts - I tend to ignore long threads with the
nickname "Androcles" woven therein. But you and PD seem to be quite
prolific.

If you liked the first one, I'm sure you're going to love this
little essay as well:
http://www.logosjournal.com/issue_4.3/smolin.htm
Enjoy.

oh... by the way, you can safely ingore "Androcles", unless you're
interested in...
http://users.telenet.be/vdmoortel/dirk/Physics/ImmortalFumbles.html
Start at the bottom....

Dirk Vdm

  • Re: A little lesson for sqrt(144) year olds.
    ... >>Dirk Vdm ... > people out there, such as Androcles, don't ... > to relativity, you have to know which twin is ... > convention in mathematics and mathematical physics, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Is time a measurement?(actually in search of edification)
    ... >> Dirk Vdm ... > many recognized scientists holding high positions today. ... Androcles can copy and paste. ... > something other than a simple measurement of duration. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Uncle assAl: (SR) Lorentz t, x = Intervals
    ... >> Dirk Vdm ... But whether Androcles has enough free variables to massage any ... > Androcles can announce that his model fits the data as much as he ... > unobservable terms like contraction and dilation and simultaneous ...
    (sci.physics)