Re: Fiction Stories? What will happen 20 years in future.

"chazwin" <chazwyman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:d883f8b9-939c-4d0d-b271-5c78f28d1cc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Jan 10, 4:58 pm, Sanny <softta...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2. We will have Super Computer on our Mobile Phones.

What would be the point? This idea is as stupid as the "paperless
office", or the "pageless book". Computers generate and waste far more
paper than ever; no one like to read books on screen.

Don't say "no one like to read books on screen."

I have a free program called "ReadManiac" in my phone,
that lets me read TXT files, and I always have a few hundred
books and articles in my phone, that I read at night before
I go to sleep, and anytime I am riding, sitting, waiting, eating, etc.

I download things that I am interested in
from the Internet as a TXT file, load the file into "Uedit"
clean it up, and delete all the extra spaces and line feeds,

( I perform the clean up on all the files at one time,
by putting all the files into the same directory,
and doing a "Replace in all files" command.)

and periodically delete the stuff I read or lost interest in, and load new stuff into my phone.

With "ReadManiac" you can change fonts,
set bookmarks, jump to the desired page, etc.

It's a great program.
I suggest that anyone who wants to
use their phone to read, and to store useful information on, should download the program.

It's free, more powerful, and easier to use
than the commercial programs.

--
Tom Potter

http://www.geocities.com/tdp1001/index.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~tdp
http://notsocrazyideas.blogspot.com
http://groups.msn.com/PotterPhotos

  • Re: Editors: threat or menace?
    ... Simply selling books is not an author's primary goal -- otherwise, a system that, say, eliminated royalties in favor of putting that money into promotion would be attractive to authors. ... You don't get to keep the copy you read at B&N; you do get to keep the download -- and while that may not be enough for you, ... But I'm sure you could get authors on board for a test of a new publishing system, provided you had a backer who could pay them what they reasonably expected to get under the old system. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Why the Kindle and other e-book readers are doomed
    ... use of it to literally rent you books. ... download them, they reside on your reader, and Amazon kills ... even though there has been no connection between my Kindle and Amazon.com for seven months. ... Amazon.com regular account. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Google Books - downloads
    ... I assume that what I get using a proxy server would ... Another quirk that sometimes occurs when trying to download google doccos, ... but these books are not in the public domain. ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)
  • Re: OT:Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi
    ... The International "International" kindle version. ... If you like sci-fi there are a lot of free books in mobi format at the ... If anyone is into O'Reilly books, you can download the e-book of any book ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Fox Trot 11-15
    ... Did the DMCA change that arrangement so that no copies are allowed for any purpose? ... Some enterprising people have used this to map the distributino of the kit. ... iPod for books and documents, allows the user to download only S*ny approved content, such as books with a 60day lifetime. ... If the device allowed me to download my own content - pdfs, doc files, html, and flat text, I'd buy one. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)