Re: Electrons

gamesonline10@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
I read a few books on particle physics, but I'm otherwise uneducated
in this area. A question: I believed that electrons weren't controlled
by classical physics, and so could be every place in their orbit at
once. However, the scientists that were investigating an atom's make-
up fired alpha particles through them, and only a few were altered
from their course.Hence, they postulated that most of the atom is
space. How can both statements be true?
Thanks,
Jarry1

http://pdg.lbl.gov/index.html
http://pdg.lbl.gov/2005/listings/contents_listings.html
http://particleadventure.org/frameless/chart_cutouts/particle_chart.jpg

  • Re: OT: Ron Paul Joins The Racist Republics Club
    ... As I recall, Mr. Taree asked me ... what books on Particle Physics I had, ... with my marginal notes), but why should I bother wasting the time and ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: i hate to ruin the party...
    ... the principles of artifical intellignece and particle physics were ... secretly encoded in the books of the Old Testament. ... Ooh, one of those. ...
    (comp.lang.functional)
  • Re: Time-stopping?
    ... I read a few books on particle physics, ... I believed that electrons weren't controlled ... by classical physics, and so could be every place in their orbit at ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Electrons