Re: The driving formula of the universe.

"Richard Herring" <junk@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
In message <hcqrkr$i77$6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter
<xprivatnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In message <hc73nm$kua$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter

In message <q1hEm.15656$NE1.6941@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter
<tdp1001@xxxxxxxxx> writes

"Richard Herring" <junk@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

[...]

I'm still waiting for Potter to provide any evidence to substantiate
his
remarkable claim in <news:g8mksf$ovr$1@xxxxxxxx> that _my_ ancestors
"sold
used clothes and operated junk yards and ate carp with eggs, onions,
flour, and matzoh meal before they got into the instigation of
conflict
and war business".

And as usual he makes no attempt to provide that evidence.

And he _still_ makes no attempt to provide that evidence.

And he _still_ makes no attempt to provide that evidence. Could it be that
he doesn't actually possess it?

[...]

of
about why the writers of the Magna Carta
prohibited Jews

... and indeed everyone else ("Debts owed to persons other than Jews
are to be dealt with similarly.") ...

from taking advantage of widows and orphans.

Because they were as antisemitic as Potter is?

Or because the Jews in 13th-century England were agents of the king
whose
powers Magna Carta was intended to limit?

http://www.bl.uk/treasures/magnacarta/themes/debt.html

Either way, there's nothing in Magna Carta to support Potter's
fantasies:
it's a document of its time, which was created as a practical tool of
power politics, not some kind of statement of Universal Truth. Potter is
also probably not aware that those two clauses he's so excited about
were
only in the first draft, which was in force for less than a year.

I am sadden to see that my post of excerpts
from the Magna Carta

prohibiting Jews from taking advantage
of widows and orphans
bent Richard Herring all out of shape,

Standard Potter response: everyone except himself is "bent out of shape",
but he hasn't yet drawn the obvious conclusion...

and compelled him
to delete the excerpts,

I delete most of Potter's postings. They are all in the record at Google
and elsewhere.

and attack the messenger.

When the messenger is a proven liar, it's appropriate to point it out.

and call the posting of historical data ""Potter's fantasies"".

Evidently Potter is totally unable to distinguish between acknowledged
historical data and his own fantasies.

Richard Herring did raise a good point when
he observed that all of the neighbors of Jews
throughout history became anti-Semitic.

Another lie from Potter. I made no such statement.

--
Richard Herring

Observe that Richard Herring implied
that the folks who wrote the Magna Carta
specifically prohibited Jews
from taking advantage of widows and orphans,

"Because they were as antisemitic as Potter is?"

and note that Richard Herring is
"totally unable to distinguish between acknowledged
historical data and his own fantasies."

if he is unable to comprehend that Jews have
come into conflict with all of their neighbors throughout history,
and that the neighbors became anti-Semitic
like the writers of the Magna Carta,
the German people, Russians, the Spanish,
the Palestinians, Muslims, many Americans, etc.

--
Tom Potter
http://tdp1001.spaces.live.com