Re: The driving formula of the universe.

In message <hdak6b$po2$5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter <xprivatnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In message <hcqrkr$i77$6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter

In message <hc73nm$kua$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter

In message <q1hEm.15656$NE1.6941@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tom Potter
<tdp1001@xxxxxxxxx> writes

"Richard Herring" <junk@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message

[...]

I'm still waiting for Potter to provide any evidence to substantiate
his
remarkable claim in <news:g8mksf$ovr$1@xxxxxxxx> that _my_ ancestors
"sold
used clothes and operated junk yards and ate carp with eggs, onions,
flour, and matzoh meal before they got into the instigation of
conflict
and war business".

And as usual he makes no attempt to provide that evidence.

And he _still_ makes no attempt to provide that evidence.

And he _still_ makes no attempt to provide that evidence. Could it be that
he doesn't actually possess it?

And he _still_ makes no attempt to provide that evidence. Could it be that
he doesn't actually possess it?

[...]

of
about why the writers of the Magna Carta
prohibited Jews

... and indeed everyone else ("Debts owed to persons other than Jews
are to be dealt with similarly.") ...

from taking advantage of widows and orphans.

Because they were as antisemitic as Potter is?

Or because the Jews in 13th-century England were agents of the king
whose
powers Magna Carta was intended to limit?

http://www.bl.uk/treasures/magnacarta/themes/debt.html

Either way, there's nothing in Magna Carta to support Potter's
fantasies:
it's a document of its time, which was created as a practical tool of
power politics, not some kind of statement of Universal Truth. Potter is
also probably not aware that those two clauses he's so excited about
were
only in the first draft, which was in force for less than a year.

[...]

Richard Herring did raise a good point when
he observed that all of the neighbors of Jews
throughout history became anti-Semitic.

Another lie from Potter. I made no such statement.

Observe that Richard Herring implied

Another lie from Potter. I implied nothing of the sort. I corrected his facts and hinted at two possible answers to his question, one of which he has snipped because he clearly doesn't understand its relevance.

that the folks who wrote the Magna Carta
specifically prohibited Jews

.... and indeed everybody else, as I pointed out before, but Potter chooses to overlook: ("Debts owed to persons other than Jews are to be dealt with similarly.") ...

from taking advantage of widows and orphans,

"Because they were as antisemitic as Potter is?"

Or because the Jews in 13th-century England were agents of the king
whose powers Magna Carta was intended to limit?

Observe that Potter is unable to apprehend the function of the question mark, or the meaning of the word "or". Since he can't even handle simple English, any attempt to explain the concept of "the King's Jews" to him would be a waste of time. But it's gratifying to note that he acknowledges his antisemitism in the travesty of an argument he presents above.

--
Richard Herring
.