Re: Where to buy a Double-Slit Experiment setup

alf <alfredinstead@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Is there any company selling double-slit experiments kit? Any variety
will do although I prefer those which can emit one photon or electron
at a time. I'd like to see the interference patterns after hours of
such single particle emission.

If you really want to see one photon at a time, that's going to
cost some money -- you need both a good source and some
really sensitive detectors. TeachSpin sells a set-up -- see
http://www.teachspin.com/instruments/two_slit/index.shtml
-- but it's expensive.

You might look at http://people.whitman.edu/~beckmk/QM/
for ideas of setting something up yourself.

Steve Carlip

  • Re: The velocity of light going pass a moving train.
    ... Last time my headlights became stationary ... I am afraid I am unfamiliar with any experiment that assumes that a moving ... source stops every time it emits a photon. ... iFoR] in order to emit a photon then the laws of physics as we know them ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: What is a Solid State Emmiter?
    ... don't emit light typically during the process of recombination (e.g. ... function of energy gap. ... mentioned (direct/indirect gap materials) is completely ... In indirect gap materials, photon ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Is there any proof that electrons can absorb photons?
    ... that absorb, emit or hold the photon? ... Do electron beams ever absorb photons or emit photons if you cross ...
    (sci.physics.research)
  • Where to buy a Double-Slit Experiment setup
    ... Any variety ... will do although I prefer those which can emit one photon or electron ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: What is a Solid State Emmiter?
    ... don't emit light typically during the process of recombination (e.g. ... mentioned (direct/indirect gap materials) is completely ... In indirect gap materials, photon ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)