Re: The Science of Why We Don't Believe Science
- From: "bw" <bwegher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 01:13:50 -0500
<jimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In sci.physics Sam Wormley <swormley1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep, the glass walls of a greenhouse allow the IR in, warming the insides,
and block the inside warm air from mixing with the outside cold air.
The glass walls of a greenhouse allow sunlight in. The sunlight is absorbed
by the interior surfaces. The surfaces emit longwave IR, which is blocked by
ordinary glass. Other materials are available.
In 1909 Pysicist Robert Wood tested how IR operates in relation to
Earth is not a greenhouse
- Prev by Date: Re: Quantum Gravity 435.9: U.K. Works Toward Replacing "Inclusion" Picture with "Expansion-Contraction" Picture
- Next by Date: Re: Old stars in young galaxies.
- Previous by thread: Re: The Science of Why We Don't Believe Science
- Next by thread: Re: The Science of Why We Don't Believe Science