Re: NASA PDF - NACA reprint of 1934 Eugen Sanger rocket plane paper

W H G wrote:

"Rusty" <reuben_barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ev6af1l1vrvch1bu3joa10kefj94j7916k@xxxxxxxxxx

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:14:30 -0500, Pat Flannery <flanner@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rusty wrote:

NACA 1942 reprint of a 1934 Eugen Sanger rocket plane paper:

Does NASA have Sanger's wartime "Rocket Drive for Long Range Bombers"
report online by any chance?
His rocket motor design for the Antipodal Bomber is really fascinating,
as its propellant feed system consists of a steam-driven turbine that is
bootstrapped into the combustion chamber/engine bell cooling system.

Pat

Doing a search by author, there are a few articles by Eugen Sanger,
but not that one.

Rusty

"A Rocket Drive for Long Range Bombers" was translated and published
by the Navy. Translation CGD-32, Technical Information Branch, BUAER
Navy Department. It was reprinted and sold - I got a copy in the late 60's(?).
The first page on my copy is titled A Note by the Publisher, and
shows at the bottom of the page:
Robert Cornog
Santa Barbara, California

A copy like this went for a pretty penny on Ebay several weeks ago.

And a copy can be had for pennies if one has a library card and a nearby photocopier. That's how I got *mine*.

-- "The only thing that galls me about someone burning the American flag is how unoriginal it is. I mean if you're going to pull the Freedom-of-speech card, don't be a hack, come up with something interesting. Fashion Old Glory into a wisecracking puppet and blister the system with a scathing ventriloquism act, or better yet, drape the flag over your head and desecrate it with a large caliber bullet hole." Dennis Miller .