Re: R-7 articles in BIS's Spaceflight Magazine

In article <1154632709.291269.144440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<petero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Back when I was a BIS member, in the late-80s to late-90s, Spaceflight
had a series of articles on the development of the R-7. Can anyone
tell me what issues the articles were in?

My personal index -- intermittently maintained -- reveals:

--------
Soviet rocketry that conquered space, part 1: from first ICBM to
Sputnik launcher
Spaceflight Aug 1995
evolution of the R-7 and its earliest derivatives

Soviet rocketry that conquered space, part 2: space rockets for
lunar probes
Spaceflight Feb 1996
photo of production R-7 launch; Block E

Soviet rocketry that conquered space, part 4
Spaceflight Jan 1998
four-stage planetary A-booster variant (Molniya?)

Soviet rocketry that conquered space, part 5
Spaceflight March 1998
first Soviet planetary probe attempts

Soviet rocketry that conquered space, part 6
Spaceflight May 1998
improved 4-stage A boosters

Soviet rocketry that conquered space, part 7
Spaceflight Sept 1998
the first Soviet spysat, and its launcher

Soviet rocketry that conquered space: the R-7 rocket with hydrogen
upper stages
Spaceflight Jan 2001
LH2 upper stages on Semyorka, proposed but not flown
--------

No, I don't have the date for part 3.
mail to henry at zoo.utoronto.ca instead. | henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
.