Re: Landing simulation

André wrote:
Jim in Houston stelde dit idée voor :
I heard several times that CDR and PLT were practicing landings on a
laptop simulator. Is the program available to the public?
Thanks
--
<snipped>
AFAIK NASA does not use Windows or Linux on their on orbit computers.

Not on the shuttle's General Purpose Computers (GPCs), no.

However, they do carry IBM ThinkPad A31p laptops that run either Windows 2000 or Solaris. The simulator in question (PILOT) runs under the former, I think.

  • Re: Landing simulation
    ... laptop simulator. ... AFAIK NASA does not use Windows or Linux on their on orbit computers. ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: Landing simulation
    ... laptop simulator. ... AFAIK NASA does not use Windows or Linux on their on orbit computers. ... they do carry IBM ThinkPad A31p laptops that run either Windows ... Is that version of Solaris for Intel processors? ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)