Re: OT - Firefox fall down, go boom.

In article <1193176042.267715.259340@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"cfleon@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cfleon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got the update yesterday via WiFi, and no problerms as far as I
know- except that EVERYTIME that I log onto Firefox, it insists on
reminding me that I updated (at the expense of my previous surfing). I
have OTHER issues with Firefox, though ....

Explorer update is another matter- it insists on telling me EVERY 5
minutes that I need to restart the damn computer after installing
updates. (I have Torrents running that I lose if I restart.)

I'm using Windows XP on a Toshiba laptop. I have a HP media center
desktop at home, but I don't have an Internet connection at the house.

As long as we're talking computers- currently, my major problem is too
many processes running on my laptop which take up too much CP time if
I try to do anything extra. Can anyone steer me towards help
correcting this?

Buy a Mac. Mine has been up for months. You can even get a Windows
emulator for it.

  • Re: OT - Firefox fall down, go boom.
    ... I got the update yesterday via WiFi, and no problerms as far as I ... have OTHER issues with Firefox, ... Explorer update is another matter- it insists on telling me EVERY 5 ... I'm using Windows XP on a Toshiba laptop. ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] IE is just as safe as FireFox
    ... little happier running windows. ... Back on topic though, IE is no where near Firefox for security, however, ... More infinate wisdom there Rafel. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Having problems with Dial-Up on Service Pack 2
    ... I have installed both Firefox and Netscape and the only difference is ... Connection Sharing and the Windows 98 SE system can access the Internet with ... uninstalling all the AntiVirus (I had Norton System Works 2004) but I was ... "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?" ...
  • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
    ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Critical error 101 on MS AntiSpyware install
    ... Not to mention everyone and their brother that is on the firefox high ... low and behold - Windows Help opens up - hum, ... because the one thing that was on on my little browser was the little ... Just use windows security, and not ignore ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)