Re: Can anyone help this guy out?

Alan Erskine wrote:
"eyeball" <eyeball2002308@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:31f2bada-3e92-4432-9bc3-6aa54c6e66f1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Found this on google...dinosaur computers aren't my thing tho...
http://klabs.org/history/apollo_11_alarms/eyles_2004/eyles_2004.htm

Did you post the link in a message to him? There's a comments form just
below the description.

While that's a good article, from a site run by a former s.s.* regular (hi rk!), I don't think it will provide any clues regarding the compensation module. The article is about the LM guidance computer, not the one on the CM. While the computers are identical, the optics subsystems were very different on the two vehicles. Unlike the SXT/SCT on the CM which could be pointed by the computer, the LM had the Alignment Optical Telescope, which was pointed manually by the crew. Therefore the AOT had no 800 Hz interface with the CDU, and would have had no need for an 800 Hz compensation module.
.