An old s.s.history topic of speculation settled at last...

....the Apollo 14 crew ended up about 30 m shy of peering into Cone Crater:

<http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/?archives/91-Trail-of-Discovery-at-Fra-Mauro.html>

  • Re: Apollo 13 Mission Plan?
    ... >> I know that when Apollo 13 aborted, A14's landing site was changed to ... >> Lovell and Haise supposed to go to Cone Crater, ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: Apollo 13 Mission Plan?
    ... > Lovell and Haise supposed to go to Cone Crater, ... Apollo 13 did not have a MET. ... Apollo 13 did have a Lunar Surface Drill for the ALSEP Heat Flow ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: "When We Left Earth" on the Discovery Channel
    ... they left out any references to Apollo 15. ... No mention of the trek to Cone Crater on 14, ... They also repeated the mistake of saying that Apollo 20 was cut due to ... Apollo 20, that wasn't strictly true. ...
    (sci.space.history)