Re: Headline: Reuse, Reliability Will Launch Future, Expert Says

Pat Flannery <flanner@xxxxxxxxxx> scribbled something like ...

On 9/8/2011 9:00 AM, Snidely wrote:
I haven't found the original NASA release of this yet, so I'll post
the link to the SD version:

<quote>
So what would the spacecraft look like that could accomplish an
unprecedented flight rate? Well, it would have a large first stage
booster with wings and landing gear so it could land on a runway. It
would weigh about as much as today's jumbo jets but may be a bit
smaller. </quote>
Earl:<http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110907131112.htm>

If the guy is such an expert, what rockets has he built?
This is another "Give me a few billion and I'll build you a miracle"
concept like Skylon.

Possibly, but it does seem he has a pedigree:
Jay Penn of Los Angeles-based The Aerospace Corporation

/dps

.