Re: My costs add up:(

Bob Haller wrote:
> http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051120/NEWS02/511200320/1007
>
> "Flying the shuttles 19 more times, as planned, will cost at least $22
> billion. The nation's long-term spending plan provides NASA with about
> $17 billion for the shuttles"
>

> That my friens is over a BILLION BUCKS PER FLIGHT:(

Well, a billion doesn't go as far as it use to.

;-)

Rusty

  • My costs add up:(
    ... "Flying the shuttles 19 more times, as planned, will cost at least $22 ... The nation's long-term spending plan provides NASA with about ...
    (sci.space.shuttle)
  • Re: Shuttles for sale?
    ... Selling its remaining shuttles would bring in much-needed dollars to ... deficit for the next-generation Ares rockets that it is planned will ... As an agency of the US government, Nasa insists it won't be selling ... Only US citizens will be eligible to purchase and display the ...
    (sci.space.shuttle)
  • Re: Orion CEV...Apollo Strikes Back
    ... Quick missions like that. ... The other statement about NASA was ... The fact remains that Apollo was started as a political statement during ... Maybe I've just grown up with space shuttles and aerodynamic landings ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
  • Re: Ausgediente Space Shuttles
    ... Die NASA gibt die Shuttles zwar an Museen ab, ab eine der vielen Beschraenkungen ist die, dass die Dinger in den USA bleiben muessen. ... Warum aber ausgerechnet eine so abgelegene Ecke wie Speyer ein Hightechmuseumsstück kriegen sollte...wo es in Wankerland doch Vergnügungsparks und Museen genug gibt? ... Die Entscheidung, die ausgedienten Shuttles in den USA zu behalten, hat selbstverstaendlich nichts mit Geheimhaltungsfragen und noch weniger mit Diplomatie oder Kungelei zu tun. ...
    (de.sci.raumfahrt)
  • Re: I Dream of Jeanne
    ... happen in the presence of NASA. ... The barrier is money. ... Private investment capital, ... Shutting down the shuttles won't necessairily put one more penny into ...
    (sci.space.policy)