Re: Plane Grounded After Flying Near Space Shuttle (Central Florida Ne

"Gene Cash" <gcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" <mooregr_deleteth1s@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

No. You could make a flyby as long as you stayed west of the runway
centerline. At least that's the only permission I've seen granted.

Ah my mistake.

You need to establish contact and request permission long before you get
close, and it usually helps to listen and judge the traffic to see if
it's a slow day or not. If it isn't, we'd skip it.

Makes sense.

From looking at the NOTAMs, you need prior written permission to touch
down unless it's an emergency. And if it's not a dire emergency, NASA,
the FAA, and the DOD will MAKE it one. :-)

I'll throw some pics up on my website:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/camera/P7040047.jpg
http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/camera/P7040048.jpg
http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/camera/P7040049.jpg
http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/camera/P7040050.jpg

Note that the VAB is a big sugarcube on the horizon from a LONG LONG way
away. That thing is ENORMOUS.

(Also note that I'm a crap photographer.)

One time there was a cargo plane unloading a cylindrical silver object.
We landed and I saw a Florida Today headline saying that "the ISS node
Unity/PMA-1 arrived today" and showing a picture of the cylindrical
silver object being unloaded from a cargo plane. The photographer must
have been on the ramp as we flew over.

Cool.

That was a really funny feeling.

-gc

--
I believe the Taser is the key to successful child-rearing.

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)
  • RE: copied music cds have a skip in last 18 seconds
    ... If installing all missing Windows Updates doesn't fix your problem ... xiowan.......in tucson ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)