Re: Find Life Table (actuarial method) estimate with R or S-Plus

From: Robert Dodier (robert_dodier_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/30/04

    Date: 29 Oct 2004 19:15:12 -0700

    ddewdelket@yahoo.com.tw (demography) wrote:

    > How do I find Life Table (actuarial method) estimation with R or S-Plus?
    > (nonparametric estimation of the survival function)
    > What command or function should I use?

    I think the survival package of R is what you want.

    Go to http://cran.r-project.org/, follow the link to
    "contributed packages", and find "survival" (that's the
    whole name) on the list.

    There is a technical paper, survival.ps.gz, packaged
    with the R scripts. I found it quite helpful.

    The survival package was originally written by Terry Therneau.
    It is the basis of the survival functionality in S-Plus as well.
    I believe S-Plus has the functions built-in (no need to
    download a package).

    Robert Dodier

    • Re: Find Life Table (actuarial method) estimate with R or S-Plus
      ... > (nonparametric estimation of the survival function) ... > What command or function should I use? ... The survival package was originally written by Terry Therneau. ... It is the basis of the survival functionality in S-Plus as well. ...
      (sci.stat.edu)
    • Re: Ran ccmclean on site server, what are implications???
      ... i ran the synctool command line in a cmd running under system account using ... The sync tool only has to retrieve the files from the distribution share ... only created the package folder. ... baffles me that the advanced client that resides on the sms ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
    • Re: What are the core packages for a desktops Linux desktop distribution?
      ... Your use of the term package is a bit confusing ... You'll need the mount command as well. ... As for Gnome, if you are going for minimalism, I ... wouldn't install it - you don't need it. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Life on the Command Line
      ... Gutsy as the IM package or the ICQ package. ... There are a lot of games you can play in the Command Line, ... terminals in one window (like tabbing, except it can be used everywhere, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: now do you "link" .tcl files?
      ... I think from the position of a newbie, this is how linking in Tcl ... At the time of the call, Tcl looks up the command named "foo" using ... pkgIndex.tcl for a Tcl-only package usually contains ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)