Re: Get rid of Tables

Large_Nassau_Grouper_at_Yahoo.com
Date: 02/08/05

Date: 7 Feb 2005 21:10:27 -0800

"Luis A. Afonso" wrote:
> Get rid of Tables (a quite presumptuous title)

Not really.

> Do use a program that evaluate de Cumulative Normal Distribution

There are many of those around.

> Get exact 7 decimal places values:

Don't you mean the approximate value correct to 7 decimal places?

> Provides de Integrals: Example: z=1.2345678

But when would you ever have the need to have that many decimals
in the value of z?

> from 0 to z 0.3915043
> from -z to z 0.7830086
> < = z 0.8915043

or, more accurately, .8915043004722... and I have a program on
my PC, named ET (Electronic Tables) that can calculate the tail
areas of most of the commonly used probability distributions
(normal, Student t, F chi-square, exponential, Weibull, lognormal,
noncenral chi-sq, gamma, beta, ...) up to 100 places of decimal
accuracy. But who needs it???

-- Bob.