Re: multiple regression

regression works only when ur independent variables are all
quantitative; you need to convert ur problem to one with quantitative
indep variables by defining dummy variable feedback1 (= 1 iff feedback
=1); feedback2 (= 1 iff feedback = 2); if you are including a constant
in your model (as indep. variable) DON'T define feedback3, otherwise
your data will be perfectly multicollinear:
feedback1+feedback2+feedback3 = 1 (constant); if you are not including
a constant, INCLUDE feeback3 in the model.

  • Re: The latest bike lane research
    ... Stepwise regression indication (Pg. ... "Separate regression models used these independent variables to explain ... Earlier they state that their paid cyclists " ... recreationalist is 70% of trips are for recreation. ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)
  • Re: How to find the best fit for a data with multivariables
    ... independent variables a,b,c,d,e and vector 800 x 1 containing the data ... fitted model and also validate the fitted model? ... You can using "nlinfit" for a parametric nonlinear regression ... support for cross validation and estimating the importance of different ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • mutiple regression help
    ... When doing a multiple regression in excel, what are the meaning of these ... Coefficients values in this column. ... I also am wondering about the graph outputs, ... variable's slope taking into account the other 3 independent variables? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: multicollinearity in regression
    ... I could use Analysis of Covariance but 2 of the independent variables ... Do I just enter all the variables as Independents into the regression ... I must admit that I don't totally understand this, but I assume that this is suggesting that LOGSIZE is co-linear with another variable. ... The change in the coefficient of the Constant isn't surprising, especially if some of the covariates are distrbuted a long way from zero. ...
    (sci.stat.consult)
  • Re: multivariate Cox model p values
    ... with 6 independent variables. ... If I ran the regression with each ... independent variable separately (i.e. univariable analysis), ... You might try searching on "positive and negative confounding" to find examples. ...
    (sci.stat.consult)