Assessing credibility of a q-q plot by presence of outliers

What proportion of a data set should significantly betray a particular
distribution in order to reject the hypothesis that this is the correct
distribution (i.e. how many points in a data set of n=100, say, should
lie significantly away from the diagonal line in a q-q plot)?

I have a q-q plot that seems to have all the hallmarks of a correct
fit, but there are data points in upper quantiles that don't fit the
line. Are there any web references on this topic?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Relevant Pages

  • How to perform Least-Squares fit to gaussian integral?
    ... least-squares fitting method to determine sigma and mu for a gaussian ... distribution using a data set that is known to be of the integral of ... a simple function and a gaussian, but the expression to fit is not ...
  • Re: Excel - trend line generators
    ... the fit points. ... You can generate trend lines for the motions of the planets ... using a model based on cycles and epicycles. ... a good fit to your data set. ...
  • Re: Computing derivative using finite differnce method
    ... Inorder to compute the asympotic covariance of the MLE of Weibull ... I took the data set: ... and the loglikehood function for the Weibull distribution fuction: ...
  • Re: Distribution Fitting and GoF Tests
    ... Regarding the p-value, I'm assuming the higher the p-value, the ... to be significant if you use the entire data set. ... from the theoretical distribution might be statistically ... It's true that the K-S test and some others require that the ...
  • Re: small data set
    ... The problem is the very small data set (25 ... distribution function, you can use the 25 observations to ... the tasks are:to produce two classifiers ... I tried to use SVM, Linear regresion, Backpropagation and ...