The correct statistical measures to reflect differences

Scenario A:

treatment num percent
drug 75 54%
placebo 300 12%

as S.D. is not known for both groups, C.I. cannot be applied. what else
statistics can be used to reflect the difference?

Scenario B:

Site IDs accident number
1 1
2 0
3 2
4 3
5 0

1995 0
1996 2
1997 1
1998 0
1999 3
2000 0

The accident event is rare but we want to know whether it occurs more than
purely by chance. What statistical measure can we use for reference?

  • Re: Is Psychology/psychiatry a Science?
    ... It is entirely the placeboe effect and the drug ... > for anxiety and depression are as effective as placebo. ... effectiveness before drug effectiveness. ... in some drug statistics I've ...
    (sci.med)
  • Re: Alternative medicine, heres a big OT
    ... mainstream medical or alternative systems arrived at his door. ... Let's face it, you are cynical about the testers, the drug companies, ... deficicient in Selenium. ... There is a slight problem with these studies, being statistics. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: A misleading question
    ... so accepting it supports the researcher's theory. ... effectiveness of a new drug in comparison to an accepted drug treatment, ... where equality is important. ... In statistics text books, the equality hypothesis is discussed, and problems ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: Acupuncture Proven Studies
    ... you don't know what a placebo is either. ... statistics, your claim is "scientifically worthless." ... and not those of Bar-Ilan University ...
    (misc.health.alternative)
  • Re: Acupuncture Proven Studies
    ... you don't know what a placebo is either. ... statistics, your claim is "scientifically worthless." ... you think that statistics cannot be applied to subjective phenomena ...
    (misc.health.alternative)